Sunday 10 July 2011

Artists All Around Part II

Please note that all the photos on this blog have been submitted by the artists and therefore I have consent to use them for this project. The AGC does not own the rights to these images or works and any further use of these images or works requires written consent from the artists directly.

Christian Grandjean, Canada
I like to explore the relationship between the organic world and the urban grids found within Calgary's city limits. I explore the dramatic confrontation between order and chaos, spaces and colours, and create my compositions within these guidelines. When photographing my environment I respond to the light, space, and colours provided on the day as opposed to recognizing a landscape, a sky or a building.

From The Whispering Hill Set

From The Whispering Hill Set

From The Urban Grids

Erwin Staniszewski, Canada
As an Artist, I believe everything is energy. My work is drawn to compliment and attract simple yet appealing interior elements for the contemporary space. It’s strange really, how texture, brush strokes, and finishing touches give off a clear understanding that value and quality are utmost important elements. My work is Abstract. It is a movement. Like a visual story that I hope you enjoy, discovering your own story behind it. When I paint, colors demand to be precise. Texture moves feeling. Mood and emotion contract and mingle with one another smiling at you knowingly confident that this form will inspire the world for years to come.


Till There Was You

Wilderness Rains

A Moving Heart


Jacinta Shmid, Canada

I recently graduated from the University of Calgary with my BFA, with a focus on intaglio printing. All of my work is inspired by the people I've met while travelling. About a year ago, I spent a lengthy time in India where the people, culture, smells, sights, and sounds inspired the whole of my creativity. These images are from this inspiration; some of them i have printed with turmeric and cinnamon. I also have a website which is http://www.jacintaschmid.com/ where you could get more info about me and my work. 
He Was Gone the Next Morning

The Rattling of The Bus

Betholi

She Sang

No comments:

Post a Comment